Improving the Lives of Cape Residents
For more than half a century, the Edward Bangs Kelley and Elza Kelley Foundation has enriched the quality of life on Cape Cod, supporting nonprofit organizations that serve the health, social, educational, cultural and environmental needs of the people who live here.
The foundation’s broad mission is “to promote the health and welfare of the inhabitants of Barnstable County” and a board of directors that represents a cross-section of the community enable the foundation to respond to changing needs. Recognizing that Cape residents would be severely impacted by the deep recession that started in 2008, the Kelley Foundation quickly adjusted its focus to devote a significant portion of its grants to the basic needs of food, shelter and medical assistance.
Gains in the foundation’s corpus enabled the board of directors to increase its support to the Cape community. In 2019, through the foundation’s traditional grants program, 31 nonprofit groups received nearly $300,000, as well as $500,000 for Cape Cod Healthcare’s Capital Campaign.
In the News
- Foundation Grant Funds Access to Care for Cape Residents
- Cape Cod Village Receives $25,000 Grant from Edward Bangs Kelley and Elza Kelley Foundation
- Sixteen Nonprofit Leaders Graduate from Award-winning Program
- Kelley Foundation Grant Funds The Veterans’ Company
- The New Home of The Brewster Historical Society
- Kelley Foundation Sponsors John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum
- Foundation Fund Contributes to Summer Intern Program at Wild Care Cape Cod
- Grant Funds Independence House Emergency Domestic and Sexual Violence Residence
- Local Foundation Awards Grant to Help Modernize Seal Habitat
- New Kelley Foundation Nursing Scholarship Announced
- Cape Trio Talks About How Big Brothers Made a Difference
- Philanthropy Day Honors Local Volunteers
- Former State Health Commissioner Takes On County Opiate Problem
- Local Fishermen Supply Bluefish To Family Pantry Of Cape Cod
Projects Receiving Support in 2019
- Cape Cod Repertory Theatre
- Neighborhood Falmouth
- Yarmouth New Church Preservation Foundation
- Hyannis Athletic Association
- Amazing Grace of Cape Cod, Inc.
- Nauset Together We Can Prevention Council
- Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- Orleans Historical Society
- Buzzards Bay Coalition
- Cape Cod Center for the Arts
- May Institute Inc.
- Provincetown Art Association & Museum
- Champ House
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Belonging to Each Other
- The Compact of Cape Cod Conservation Trusts, Inc.
- Cape Cod Challenger Club
- Massachusetts PPD Fund
- Alzheimer’s Family Support Center of Cape Cod
- Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill
- Cahoon Museum of American Art
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital of Cape Cod
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History
- Wild Care Inc.
- The Chatham Orpheum Theatre
- Pause A While
- Heroes in Transition
- Cape Cod Community College Educational Foundation
- Shea’s Youth Basketball Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod & the Islands
- Cape Cod Healthcare